Wednesday, September 29, 2010

For what its worth

I haven't blogged in a little while. I'm bad. I'm not sure why I even do this. Therapy I guess? I've been writing songs.... Songs which I'm recording. I have no Idea what will come out of it. Maybe peace? Hopefully.

The sleepless nights are now few and far between
Moving on, Burning bridge fueled by tears and Gasoline
Walking tall, Head held high by determination from the booze
Truth be told, Darlin' I hope I'm over you.
All my favorite songs sound like something else
Now they're personal... like a journal I didn't write myself
Carrying on, Pick myself up with reluctant pride
I've always said I've lived with no regrets....
...I lied

going out, trying things all new
making mistakes, like a drunken, bad tattoo
new faces, new judgements, a heart on trial
a dinner, a drink, a dance
but darlin... she ain't got your smile.

1 comment: